Slayers: Ancient Stirrings
I prefer each player give me a concept for their character before you start planning classes, skills, and feats. Decide who your character is before building what he is.
- Ex: A reformed bandit warrior who turned to the priesthood to atone for past misdeeds.
(this will allow me to plan the introduction episode more easily and integrate your character into the story)
Character Creation Guidelines
- Stats will be rolled as 4d6, reroll 1’s and 2’s, drop the lowest, and arrange as desired. (anyone with stats that add up to less than 80 may reroll) You may also arbitrarily lower stats at character creation if you feel a lower score will ‘fit’ the character(min stat will be 6 after racial modifiers)
- Characters will be level 3 to start with
- Races other than human are perfectly fine, but please discuss it with me if you choose a race with a level adjust.
- Equipment: All standard equipment, weapons and armor as in the D&D 3.5 PHB. Magic items cost 2.5x base DMG prices. Players start with 3,000 Silver worth of gear(equivalent to 3,000 gold in D&D) anything that costs less than 1 Bronze(1 D&D Silver) is negligible and may be obtained freely within reason.
- Unless otherwise stated in character histories, player characters will not know each other by more than reputation(if applicable)
- Again, this setting is meant for comedy, so feel free to embrace puns, cliches, and other humorous elements in your characters.(one of the main characters of the series is an idiot master swordsman whose main goal seems to be finding good food and protecting his friends)